Re: [OM] half frame quality

Subject: Re: [OM] half frame quality
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 10:20:05 +0800
I started to shoot half frame two months ago with my Pen-D (with
32/1.7 lens not the normal f1.9), it is great for snap shots and some
casual family shots. I almost never crop the film for 35mm, cropping
was done during shooting. I used to shoot very few frames, even for
36pcs roll sometimes it took me a few weeks to finish. After using the
Olympus E-10 DC, I started to shoot much more, even so I still found I
have shot too little when I back home to do selection and editing. I
never bracket exposure and rare shot two frames on same objects
(except portraits of course). But I started shooting an object from
different angles with different compositions and lenses, so I started
to burn more film. In this two months I have finished 4 rolls of
Provia with my Pen-D and Pen-FT. (Unfortunately the first roll of
Pen-D shot has light leakage).

For darkroom, I use film scanner and output to inkjet or to negative
with my Polaroid film recorder then print at one hour lab.

C.H.Ling