Re: [OM] US shipments to Spain

Subject: Re: [OM] US shipments to Spain
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:27:11 EDT
<<<On another subject, I've been told that, due to Spanish mail regulations,
packages from the United States to Spain cannot be insured for more than
$40.45 (now that's a round number...).>>>

Not exactly.
You can send the item Global Airmail Letter Post, in which case it is cheaper
to ship, but insurance is not possible.  You can register the package at a
cost of $7.25 and that insures the item up to $40.45.
The other option is to send the package Global Airmail PARCEL Post.  It cost
more to ship this way ($16.50 for 1 pound package vs. $8.70 for Letter Post),
but it can be insured for up to $880.00 to Spain.  The cost of the insurance
will vary depending on the amount of insurance, of course.
If you choose Global Airmail Parcel Post, it might be more cost efficient to
send the item Global Express Mail ($19.15 for 1 pound package) because it
includes $500.00 of insurance.  It also takes 2-3 days vs. 4-7 days.

If you are wondering how I know all this, I got a great CD with domestic and
international postal rate calculators and other valuable information from the
post office one day.  Next time you are there, just ask for the Postal
Explorer CD.  It's great and makes eBay shipping much more efficient.

HTH,
--p.j.