Re: [OM] mercury batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] mercury batteries
From: "Bruce Kolber" <bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:33:23 -0400
when I lived in rural New Jersey (yikes) you could drop them off at the
Dept. of Sanitation or put them in a plastic bag and hand them to the
sanitation worker....you could not toss them in the trash...a minute
quantity in a clean-burn furnace caused the facility to fail it's continuous
emission test.
Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA