Re: 625 batteries Was: [OM] Interesting, but VERY expensive

Subject: Re: 625 batteries Was: [OM] Interesting, but VERY expensive
From: "Bruce Kolber" <bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:43:29 -0400
Have not tried the Weins but I've used 675ZA Hearing Aid batteries...they come
in a 6-pack for $4.99US....they are smaller in diameter (about the size of a
303/357) than the mercury 625....I cut a cardboard disk the size of the 625 and
then cut a smaller hole for the 675 in the center of the cardboard...the disk
keeps the 675 centered in the battery holder.  Each one seems to last about 4-
6 months once it is exposed to air (tab removed from contact).  Work ok for
about $1 each....any comments John H.?
Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA