Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:37:26 -0500
OK, first and foremost, a message to the entire list.

Stop abusing me and start abusing P.J.  He's got quite a kit.

Now that I have that off my chest, I really only have on thought.  Wow,
you're taking a lot.

I'm assuming that you're starting from a fairly convenient base camp or you
wouldn't even consider taking that much equipment with you.  If not, cut
some stuff out.

I'm a very light kind of guy and limit what I take, particularly on a trip
like this.  I share your interest in Macro, but believe that you could
accomplish so much with so little.  Take the 90/2 and a set of auto
extension tubes.  Leave the 80/4, the 65-116, the focusing stage, etc. at
home.  The 90/2 is pretty darn versatile.

For your purposes, take the 300/4.5 and the 2X and 1.4X.  Powerful setup.

You need a wide angle too.  If it was me, I'd take a 21, but in your case,
it's a tough call between the 18 and the 24.  The 24 would probably be my
more 'general purpose' choice.

I'd  take the F280 and another 4T/4Ti, not the 2S, as you have more
flexibility with the F280.

I'd leave the motors and winders at home, well, maybe take one winder for
use with the 300.

Lastly, I'd bring the 35-70/3.5-4.5 to go on the second body.

That's it!

Tom