RE: [OM] mercury batteries

Subject: RE: [OM] mercury batteries
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 18:33:15 -0400
We used to play with it so much in Chemistry class that we got the bright idea of purifying it by boiling it in a vacuum. Of course the fumes from the vacuum pump dumped into the lab. We later sprinkled sulphur powder all over the room to neutralize the remaining mercury that had fallen into cracks, etc.

Wonder why my teeth aren't falling out, or something?

Gregg

Mike wrote:
How many of us 'played' with mercury as kids?   Remember watching it 'ball
up' and roll so oddly about???

Anybody seen the mad-hatter about lately?