[OM] Update on Viewfinder Weirdness - OM4

Subject: [OM] Update on Viewfinder Weirdness - OM4
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 19:59:26 -0400
Just an update on my OM4 viewfinder display dilemma.  Tonight it appears to
be back to "normal".  As I have always had OM2's and OM1's, etc.  I'm not
quite sure what "normal" is really suppose to be.  Hopefully someone can
check their OM4T and let me know.

The shutter speeds are all very bright - nice and white.  The indicator bar
is dimmer and consists of a brighter dash followed by two dimmer dashes then
repeats for the length of the indicator from the right.  If  I press the
spot button, the spot indicator comes on - but is less bright than the
shutter speeds - maybe a little brighter than the indicator bars.  Finally,
Hilight is also bright - but the shadow indicator is much dimmer.  Are all
the indicators suppose to be the same brightness?  Are they approximately
the same as the shutter speed numbers?

Thanks!

Jim Caldwell
Videomakers - we invite you to check out http://www.Specialty-Media.com
Join our Video discussion group!   also -  DC30 and Premiere Tips and Tricks
For your PC hardware and software needs -  check us at
http://www.handtech.com/specialtymedia