[OM] OT - Darkroom tent and TVR

Subject: [OM] OT - Darkroom tent and TVR
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:20:26 +0200
Dear All

This is slightly OT, but does anyone know of a source of new darkroom
tents?  I saw this reviewed some 10 years ago: a portably darkroom
that was really a cloth cubicle with the facility to hold an enlarger
and trays with a little water basin (I think).  I think that this
will be the most cost-effective way to convert the kitchen of our
Annexe into a darkroom (the bathroom is not acceptable to madam)...
any ideas anyone on how to find one, preferably new?

Even further OT, I see from Top Gear (non-PC motoring programme on TV
here in the UK) that TVR, a Blackpool-based sports car manufacturer
are branching out into the USA (I thought that they already had).
Well, the older model, the Griffith, still looks and sounds good, but
the Tuscan looks even better, and more American perhaps.  I think
that the Corvette owners out there will have to convert to fibreglass
when they see these lovely machines.  Yo may be interested to know
that we had a standing-start race between a TVR Chimaera and a
Tornado at Bruggen while I was the "airfield manager" there.  The
Tornado won the race (took off from a parallel taxiway while the
Chimaera used the main runway), but it probably cheated by being
pretty light on fuel so that it could land straight away as it was
for charity and the landing was part of the deal.  The chap who
organised the "race" took me for a ride in his Chimaera, and it
really was an experience!  Lovely great big V8 burbling away under
the huge bonnet (hood to you lot over the Atlantic ;-)), tiny cockpit

... and while I am OT, I have started flying again.  Although it is
in a tiny little plastic Grob 115E (180hp Lycoming, Vne 185, +6/-3G)
it is good fun (apart from trying to land on bumpy grass strip!!) and
I am learning flick rolls among all the serious stuff :>).  Ijust
can't forget that it takes as long to get to 2000 feet as it took one
of my training aircraft, the Hawker Hunter F6, to get to 30,000 ...
nothing happens very quickly!

End of OT... the weather is too grimy today to take photos.

Chris