[OM] N65 vs. OM-2n

Subject: [OM] N65 vs. OM-2n
From: Kelton Rhoads <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:50:37 -0700
Hi. As some of you know, I recently purchased a Nikon N65 for my father,
who needs autofocus. Of course it is getting examined by *me* first, and
I thought the list might like to get my precritical reaction to the new
camera, especially as it compares to my favorite OM-2n. I notice 4
surprising things about the new Nikon (aside from all the wunderbrick
bells and whistles). First, the Nikon is lighter in weight. Second, the
viewfinder of the Nikon appears much smaller, giving it a point-n-shoot
"feel." Holding the two cameras side by side and peering through both of
them simultaneously, I estimate that my OM-2n has an apparent 40%
advantage in "viewfinder size" over the new Nikon. Looking through the
Nikon, the world looks very small indeed. Third, the viewfinder is
considerably brighter in my OM-2n (w 2-series screen). Fourth, I was
surprised to see that the new Nikon is made in Thailand.