Re: [OM] phototaxis

Subject: Re: [OM] phototaxis
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:20:33 -0700
The movement of plants toward a light source is called phototaxis.

-- Hank

That agrees with my dictionary and is, I think, the answer to the original question which concerned movement rather than growth(tropism) toward the light. It also lists photoomism which is the tendency to point OMs toward objects that are lit. There is an inverse relationship noted, that fewer OMs there are in a group the more they are pointed. The more OMs, the tendency is for them to inhabit dark places like bags and cabinets and be attacked by aggressive fungi.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA