Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!
From: "Oben Candemir" <dunya@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 18:14:50 +1000
Its true that the vapour of mercury is more poisonous as it can be inhaled
and spread systemically in the body to the brain where it is a neurotoxin.
However the gold prospectors around the amazon use tonnes of the stuff by
putting the mercury into the gold containing minerals in a handkerchief and
twisting it. The mercury is more reactive than gold and "displaces" the gold
salt leaving small amounts of gold in the handkerchief. The mercury comes
into direct contact with their hands and runs into the river! I believe
quite a prolonged contact with a large quantity is required to be posioned.

I mean... most of you guys would have had dental work and if you have
amalgam fillings then you have mercury in your very mouth!

On the other hand I have heard of mercury thermometers expulsing their
contents in tight body cavities if you get my drift....