[OM] Like Christmas in May...

Subject: [OM] Like Christmas in May...
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 10:26:49 +0200
Hi fellow zuikists,

A couple of weeks ago I was about to bid on a 85/2 on the german E*ay. In the
beginning I was quite enthusiastic because of the "low" price. But as it always
seems to go, it finally sold for more than 200$ - the bid doubled within the
last 10 minutes!

Now I found another 85/2 (MC, not a silver nose SC like the first I found) on
sale from a private person around here. He said it was pretty used with
brassing on the bajonett mount and asked 1000 DKK (120$). i visited him and saw
the item and found that the aperture blades got stuck when triggering the
camera. Also the small stop bolt on the mount was missing.

We finally agreed upon a price of 66$. I took it home, triggered the aperture
some 100 times and now it workes almost perfectly. :-)))))  I took the stop
bolt from a wrecked 50/1.8 and am now looking forward to use it for concert
photography and, possibly, get a DF award.

I am tempted to call this Christmas in May and will inform the seller on my
luck "repairing" it.

Greetings,

Bernd Möller

PS: the same person has still a numer of OM things for sale, e.g. an auto
belows with slide copier and double cable release, a 180/2.8, a 90/2 etc., but
they were all beyond my interest and economic capabilities, although he asks
very fair prices for them. For those of you interested, I can send you his
contact address.