Re: [OM] XA With A-11 or A-16?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA With A-11 or A-16?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 10:08:46 EDT
As you know from using an XA that is in good shape, the shutter button was a
completely new idea and design. Maitani wanted the softest of release
pressures because beginning shooters pressed the shutter releases too hard,
creating camera shake. Olympus called this shutter release a 'pressure
sensitive conductor element" which leads me to guess that unless you can find
say- a broken wire- the assembly is not going to be user fixable. Kinda
sounds like the whole thing is modular in design, one may have to replace the
entire assembly. Side note- Maitani considered heat-sensitive and
electro-chemical buttons that would react with the photog's body heat and
electrical current in the skin. These ideas were not followed-on because what
would you do if you were wearing gloves on a cold day?! (So, not all
Maitani's ides were golden).
I think John H. will have your answer.

Regards,
George S.