Re: [OM] Alligators, birds

Subject: Re: [OM] Alligators, birds
From: "Gary" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 13:50:22 -0500
Darn it, Jerry, you caught me!  I intentionally didn't caption the pictures
because I knew I'd trip somewhere.  I wasn't thinking when I titled the
scans, innocently  intending to go back and decide which kind later.  You
have a good eye, I had to go back to the original high resolution scan to
examine the iris.

The rookery was spectacular.  I went back three times just to watch the
goings on, while the rest of the group insisted on scurrying through the
woods adding to their counts.  The tricolored heron had just two eggs
Saturday morning; when I came back Saturday evening there were three.
Sadly, on Sunday there were none as the nest had tipped and all had fallen
to the ground.

I had a nice shot of a reddish egret launching, but I can't find it in the
mess in my study to scan it.

Gary