[OM] RE: 90 vs 100 (again)

Subject: [OM] RE: 90 vs 100 (again)
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7 May 2001 12:16:51 -0000
C.H.Ling wrote:

  You can check Modern Photography test report at:

  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-zuiko-tests.txt

  which shown 100/2 is better at wide aperture, I'm not interested on
  photodo's report, the 28/2 owner will tell how they love the lens, but
  check the result in photodo, it is almost the poorest fixed lens.

---

Huh -- the link  you pointed me towards indicate both lens have about the
same resolution wide open (slight favor for the 90). The 100 has (much)
higher contrast according to those tests.

Can't comment on the 28f2 - never owned/used it but yea photodo results look
pretty bad for that lens - maybe it was a bad sample. Their results for the
90/100 look pretty close to what modern has (cept you would predict contrast
to be closer at f2). I've never been an mtf fan since most of my shots are
not taken at infinity. Oh well.