Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2 --- Macro calculations for 85/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2 --- Macro calculations for 85/2
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 20:04:20 +0200
On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 01:32:45AM +0200, T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Guys,
>
> On Sat, 5 May 2001, Chris Barker wrote:
>
> > Frieder
> >
> > The close focus is 0.85m for the 85/2, 0.7 for the 100/2 and 1.0 for
> > the 100/2.8... sort of halfway between the 2 real competitors.  I
> > would not compete it against the 90/2 as it is a Macro lens and that
> > is cheating :>).
> >
> > I am arguing about this because I like using the 85/2 with an
> > extension ring for closeup stuff, and it seems to work fine.
>
> I use the 85/2 with some Olympus close-up lens - am satisfied with that in
> lack of the 90/2. I don't know the exact close focusing distance, but I
> think it goes to about 20-30 cm. I can check, if anyone are interrested.
>
> I've not tried to compare it to other macro-setups (yet). Would be
> interresting.

I´ve sucessfully used the 2/85 with extension-ring too. I like this lens, but
with
better close focusing possiblity I´d like it even more. The 2/85 and 2.8/100
give
you the same minimun photographic range, this is why I rate them equal in close
focusing.

I´ve started to convert the results of my macro-extension spreadsheet into html.
I`m thinking about to publish the results on my webpage. I´ve started with the
2/85, and 1.8/50. What is the opinion about? -Would there be interest for more?
-
Which lenses to prefer?

here is the url:
http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/Optik/Makro/Makro_85.html