Re: [OM] Holding a charge

Subject: Re: [OM] Holding a charge
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:56:40 EDT
Hi Clyde,
I just read your question today and I see that you have only received a
couple of responses.  I converted an MD2 battery pack about a year and a half
ago, using the Varta NiMH batteries and following the directions in the Oly
FAQ's. I used all of the cells per the instructions from Rand E. Tomcalla.
Since doing the conversion the battery pack has only been used occasionally
to fire the shutter of an OM4 for exercise. It has not been used to take
photos, (I have been on a rangefinder kick of late).  The battery pack still
lights the red light strongly, and the last time I checked the voltage,
(about six months ago), it measured just under sixteen volts.

Regards, Paul Connet

Clyde wrote:
<< For those of you who have converted a MD2 nicad pack to NiMH, how
 long does your  pack hold a charge? Mine seems to drain down in a day
 or two after a fresh charge. Is that normal? They were installed in
 mid '98 so not all that old with fairly minimal use. I can deal with
 the loss of 1 fpm but this drain is a nuisance (motor makes a
 horrible grinding noise).

 Thanks >>