[OM][OT] Another fun eBay transaction

Subject: [OM][OT] Another fun eBay transaction
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 22:26:12 -0500
Please excuse the basically off topic nature of this rant. For those of you who
get the digest, you may want to have the page down key handy.

I had three auctions, which ended Sunday night a week ago. Monday morning, I
sent notices to the three winners. Two immediately sent payment. One did not
respond. Thursday, I used the new reminder notice to send another notice to the
one silent winner. Still no response. So, last night, one week after the end of
the auction, I pulled up the winner's contact info, and called today.  And
actually spoke with him. He said that the engine on his car died, that it would
cost him about $1000.00 (all told) to replace it, and because of that he could
not afford to buy anything on eBay.  He also said that he had "told ebay about
it". However, none of this information came to me.

Step one, I guess is to check out what ebay says about deadbeat bidders. Beyond
that, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I've been through the engine
replacement fun myself.

Ah, the cost of doing business. Mostly, it's not like this.

Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa