Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:13:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/7/01 9:27:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, steveg3@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

>snip
> the fourth card account she had closed in two days with same issue and
>  that her department had logged 13 account closings due to Paypal fraud
>  transactions in the past 5 days.  Imagine that.

That's why I will pay only by money order.  And I sure won't send a personal
check to a stranger selling something online.  Too many horror stories about
e-fraud and theft.  Until "secure" really MEANS "secure", I won't
participate.  That includes banking, paying bills, taxes, etc.  Forget it.

And don't leave mail for your mailman in the local community box (as in an
apartment complex), or your mailbox out on the street, unless you put it out
there right before he/she comes, and you can watch it.  Take it to a post
office, or at least a P.O. drop box.  I have seen guys driving along, opening
up mailbox after mailbox on a rural route, looking for social security
checks, credit card statements, etc. (yes, I gave their license no. to the
postal inspectors).

Rich