Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 13:23:40 +0000
At 11:45 5/8/01, you wrote:
Hey,

Just wondering what brand / type and speed of film everyone uses for their photography; professional and "family" prints.

Kodachrome 64 for the bulk of my 35mm small format photographs. In medium format I use Provia 100F for the bulk of those because Kodachrome is not available in 120/220. For B/W, which isn't that often, Agfa Scala 200X. I have prints made from selected transparencies.

For certain events such as large family receptions, or for portraits, when many prints will be required of most of the photographs I use Portra 160NC; 35mm and 120/220. Have used a little of the "VC" as an experiment and ISO 400 versions when the lighting will need a faster speed, but the preferred now is 160NC.

-- John