Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:32:27 +0200
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 01:02:16PM +0000, John A. Lind wrote:
> At 17:01 5/8/01, Frieder Faig wrote:
> >While working with my spreadsheed, it occours more questions than answers.
> >The real focus lenght might differ about +/- 5%.
> >  And a lens isn`t a ideal thin lens. When you calculate macro-distances this
> >diffrences values matters.
> >
> >As theoretical ideal 135mm my spreadsheed gives the following values :
> >         Auto-Macro-Tubus max. extension (58mm):
> >                 Distance to film: 64.2 cm
> >                 working distance: 42.4 cm
> >                 lenght of equipment 22.0 cm
> >
> >Now I´ve made some measurements:
> >For the 135mm /F 4.5 Macro I've meassued the following:
> >         Auto-Macro-Tubus max. extension (58mm):
> >                 Distance to film: 61.0 cm
> >                 working distance: 39.2cm
> >                 lenght of equipment 22.0 cm
I`ve made different setup fo a more accurate meassureing which is closer to the
publishes values:
        Auto-Macro-Tubus max. extension (58mm):
                Distance to film: 62.0 cm
                working distance: 40.6cm
                lenght of equipment 22.0 cm

> >Though the 135mm isn`t a thin lens, this values are hard to guess.
> >The best guess is 126mm real focal lenght and 26mm distance between
> >priciple planes
> >(dt. Hauptebenenabstand?).

Now the best guess values have changed to 131mm focal lenght and 4mm difference
of
principle plane.

Frieder Faig