Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:33:56 +1000
> Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx> wrote:

> lenses should be at F8 or sometimes even at F5.6. I suspect correct
> focussing somehow plays a role within the SQF rating.

A few days ago I was comparing a few lenses (85mm f2, 100mm f2.8, 135mm
f2.8, 50mm f1.4) by taking some portraits of my daughter.  She was sitting in a
chair quite still and I was able to focus quite accurately (so I thought) on
her
eyelashes, lighting was with T32 bounced from an umbrella.  Film was Kodak
Portra 160NC, body OM-2SP with 1-4 screen, aperture f2.8 for each lens.

When I got the film back about 1/4 to 1/3 showed incorrect focus, with the area
of
sharpest focus not the eyelashes.

So how do you achieve "correct" focus ?

...Wayne