RE: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: RE: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 21:36:50 -0500
I had an OM-PC which was off because of a bent mirror rest stud. I've
checked several of my other bodies to be sure. Put your fast 50mm or 90/2 on
the body, put a yardstick under it with the 0 at the film plane, and
carefully focus down the stick on something like the 2 foot mark -
preferably at a distance marked on the lens focus ring. Take a picture, and
note what you were focused on, and note wheter it agrees with the focusing
ring distance. When you get the image back, it should be pretty clear where
the center of your focus really is, and how much it might be off.

Its an easy test, and answers many questions.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx