Re: [OM] heresy

Subject: Re: [OM] heresy
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 20:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
Marcus b6 wrote:
Realizing that I stand a good chance of being impaled on a stake, my
well poisoned, my fields salted, and my name wispered as a warning to
children...do people actually like the shutter speed ring placement on
OM's? I mean the darn thing is fiddly and hard to find, especially with
a large lens and tripod ring. I absolutely hate it. . . (Snip)
Marcus,

I agree the OM shutter spped ring's fiddly and I also dislike it. It
wasn't too bad up to the OM-2n because it was reasonably easy to grasp
and moved easily. But on my OM-2S (which may be a bad example for all I
know) the ring is narrower than on previous models and it moves in a
nail-bitingly stiff and jerky fashion. It's unpleasant to operate and
does not give one the feel that one expects of a quality camera. What
especially galls me is that, on the 2S, manual mode is important
because it's the only mode that gives you spot metering. On the 2n it
didn't matter because auto mode was more accurate that manual and I
never used manual with it.

Regards,

=====
Ray