Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:51:46 +0200
Susan

I'm glad that I used BidPay last month, at Tom Scales' suggestion.

Surely the claims against the VISA accounts will alert the VISA
system to the problems with PayPal and their account (PayPal's) will
be withdrawn?  Last year, I had a problem with getting a refund on
part of a holiday (on the Canal du Midi in France); it took 2 months
to realise that the agent for the holiday was not working very hard
to organise the refund, so I told the payee intermediary through whom
I had used a VISA to pay that I was about to claim the refund through
VISA.  We received the refund without recourse to VISA in 7 days.
Retailers do not want to lose their credit card payment facilities...

Chris

snip...

Two months later, guess what shows up on my bank balance? Yup...PayPal went
ahead and transfered it into my PayPal account, even tho they said it was
cancelled and even tho I wrote them back asking for it to be voided.

This, plus the stories filtering down now convince me to stay away from
PayPal.
Susan

Susan Steele
Virginia USA