Re: [OM] Gary's lens test... blur

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test... blur
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 14:31:12 -0400
Hi Winsor,
I wondered about it too,but then how to explain his photograph at the top of the page is another story.Some of what he says may explain HIS particular problem but I've never seen this type of blur effect myself on my camera shots.He says "never leave film in your camera for more than a very short time". Then he says, "don't leave your camera where it will be exposed to heat or humidity"...I'm assuming he didn't use his camera for a month before he took his next first shot with it.

                               John

        http://home.neb.rr.com/grumpysworld/guide/blur.htm

I do not use a motor drive, but somehow this does not make sense. He
says this only happens on the second frame because somehow that frame
is more curled than the rest of the film in the canister. I don't
think that is true with an OM camera. The film does not take any
special kinks before it gets to the pressure plate, nor is the second
frame still in the cassette when the first one is in place. He says
he uses Canon and I doubt that a company that has spent so much
thought and design to push the photographic envelope would design a
kink in the film path that would distort the film if left in place
for a while.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California