Re: [OM] Old Camera whoas

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Camera whoas
From: "Andrew Dacey" <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:39:23 -0300
> Now this puts me in a quandry. My Olympus 2n is about
> the same vintage, and could easily have the same fate
> any day now.
>
> Should I continue to collect increasingly rare lenses
> and other accesories, or chuck it and get a new camera
> system where the parts will be available for the rest
> of my life (probably).

You should send all of your Olympus gear to me. The OM system's only value
now is as museum pieces as a historical artifact of a bygone era.

Currently, I'm about to begin grad studies in History, my research would be
greatly benefited by having such artifacts to study. I would also be very
interesting in forming a research team of academics in order to attempt to
use these artifacts in the field. The goal of this would be to prove that
photography could actually be performed with these artifacts. Dontations of
artifacts and research funds would be greatly apreciated. Once a research
group has been formed I plan to aproach PBS with the possibility of a Nova
documentary.

---
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx