RE: [OM] heresy eSIF on CD OM2n

Subject: RE: [OM] heresy eSIF on CD OM2n
From: "Kiker, James" <jkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:43:36 -0500
At May 09, 2001 3:28 PM, Andy Gilbert wrote

> Anyone else particularly like the OM2n?

I've had mine since I received it as a high school graduation gift in
1990.  It was used, and bought new by my uncle sometime in the early- to
mid-eighties.  Since then, I've owned, off and on, three OM-1 bodies, an
OM-10, a brand new OM-4Ti, two OM-2 bodies, and two other OM-2n bodies.
I sold the OM-4Ti because I didn't use it as much as the OM-2n.  I sent
a black OM-1 to John Hermanson for a CLA, got it back in wonderful
shape, then used it for maybe 3 rolls of film before I sold it.  I just
didn't enjoy using it as much.  So to answer your question, the OM-2n is
by far my favorite body of all I've used so far.  I currently have two
(a chrome and a black), and use them all the time.  I sort of miss the
4ti's spot metering, but not that much.  I have really babied my
original OM-2n and it's in as good of shape after 11 years of use as the
day it was given to me (aside from a little black paint missing from the
film window on the back).

James