Re: Re: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: Re: Re: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 21:09:41 -0500
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> John Prosper <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Do you suffer from astigmatism in the eye you use to focus with?  If
> so,
> that could account for the focusing errors.  I suffer from
> astigmatism in my
> right eye; therefore, I use my left eye to focus with.

Astigmatism in both, I could check which is the better of the 2.

That's pretty tough. Astigmatism can cause one of two parallel line is the same plane to appear out of focus. You may need to get a contact lens for the better eye to correct as much astigmatism as possible.

When I first began making photographs and I used my bad eye (the right one), I would end up with slightly out of focus results for subjects I swore were in focus when I composed them. Since switching focusing duties to my left eye, there has been no more problems.

John