Re: [OM] Old Camera whoas

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Camera whoas
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:35:46 -0400
Most camera repair shops take in all brands and claim up front they can "do"
that repair.  They often  scavenge for used parts from junk bodies, even
when parts are available new.   Those junk bodies are often donated to the
repair shop and come from retail dealers who have told their customers "that
can't be fixed, you can trade it in toward this one...."
Clint and I service  only Olympus.  We started at Olympus at approx. the
same time (late 70s) ,  I was in Woodbury NY,  Clint in Dallas (when it was
an Olympus owned shop).

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000