Re: [OM] 28-48mm f/4 S Zuiko variations?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-48mm f/4 S Zuiko variations?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:19:50 -0700
Ervin V. writes:

<< About the 28-48 zoom. I will post the specs of my specimen this
evening. However, I would be suprised if a lens with such a short
production run is redesigned. >>

If you base that on the suggestion of a 20 month production run at:
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/multicoat.txt
then that information is very incomplete. It was actually 6 yrs. 3 mo.
(3-83 to 6-89).  Probably long enough for a subcontract to run out and
another to replace it, esp. considering the 35-105mm had the exact same
production period (with another 16 months till supplies ran out).

<< About the Colorplan 90/2.5. The grain of kodachrome 25 is easily
visible with this lens. So what's wrong with the resolution? However, it
does matter which type of screen you use. Many screens have a limited
resolution (caused by the texture of the screen), meaning you have to
project very large to see the grain of the film. My 2c. >>

Try this with a Colorplan. Project a slide with resolution test charts
in the center and corner. Compare the results with what you see on the
slide through a microscope. Even if you determine projected resolution
on a white matte card that you move to the point of best focus (like I
have), it will only be about 60% the resolution of what you saw through
the microscope.  My sample size = 1, so YMMV.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV