[OM] Re: (OM) Dioptric correction

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Dioptric correction
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:10:05 -0700
> Somewhere along the line, Susan (Da Eye Guy) gave out the
> secret for determining which eyepiece you need from
> looking at your eyeglass prescription... and I can't find it.

I just had a new eye exam. The Dr. wrote 2 prescriptions for glasses for
different uses plus gave me the diopter correction to get for my camera.
This done all in one visit, one exam fee, albeit a large one. However in
WA state (and 22 other US states) the prescription must be given to the
patient and you can go elsewhere for glasses. So if you live in one of
these 23 states call your doctor and ask for the correction factor. In
the other states maybe they'd give out the info as well, maybe not. For
more info see the current issue of Consumer Reports.

Mike