Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 02:25:40 +0200
Yo,

on Thu, 10 May 2001 22:25:49 +0100, Donald MacDonald wrote:

>Woops, late again.

Yeah, me too.
I use mainly negative so far, and I tend to prefer Fuji Superia, Reala, and
X-tra. However, I also used Agfa HDCplus a lot and liked it - haven't gotten
around to trying their new Vista stuff yet (though a roll of Vista 800 is
waiting to be tested in my camera bag). Recently, I've bought a lot of
Polaroid High Definition, the variant "Made in Germany"; of which I suspect
it's really Agfa HDCplus, which suits me fine.
For night shots (my favorite, especially fireworks) I like Kodak Gold 100,
too, but as it has been replaced with the "Farbwelt" series that won't be an
option any longer. I've tried some Farbwelt 400 and I'm not too tickled
about it (well, I guess it's ok - but not more than that); I have yet to try
the 100 and 200 versions. Which leads me to the question: as Kodak seem to
be introducing nationally different names for their films now (or is the
Farbwelt-thing a one-time glitch? - I sure hope so), does anybody know what
the "Farbwelt" series is called in other countries (US, UK, France)? I'd
hate to not know what film to buy when travelling, just because the same
film has a different name everywhere I get (well, I can always stay with
Fuji, of course). An extremely stupid thing Kodak did here, IMHO.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx