Re: [OM] Gary's lens test... blur

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test... blur
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 17:56:40 -0700
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 11:34:26AM -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:
 >On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:31:44AM -0400, JOHN SCHEUERER wrote:

 I don't see how the film is buckled.  The slot on the film cassette
 is placed and angled so that the film goes straight from the outside
 of the roll inside through the slot without a bend.

Hmm, I´m sad to disappoint you. The film is bented somewhat. I`ve scanned a picture of
a buckled piece of film, as demonstrated iin teh swiss magazine.

see:
http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/
and follow the link:
"2`nd picture blurr problem "

regards,
Frieder Faig

Sorry, Frieder. I misunderstood. I thought you took the pictures, but I just saw the credit to Photographie. I think there is enough not known to raise questions about this phenomenon. The question was raised by the fellow on the railroad site only with motor drives. I am not sure whether this photo is a motor drive photo or manually wound. Is it because the drive is not correctly tensioning the film until after the second frame pushing excess film so that there is a curl over the pressure plate. The photo indicates that there actually is a set in the film. Is that created because of the practice of tensioning of the film in the canister, either manually or with a motor? Is it something that only occurs near the end of the roll when the angle between the last few frames on the spool form an acute angle with the film slot? How long does it take to take a set? A year? A week? I still don't think it would occur near the beginning of the roll when there is little or no angle between the outside layer of film on the spool and the film slot on the cassette.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California