Re: [OM] I need your help, or: Photo Altering Ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your help, or: Photo Altering Ethics
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:55:04 -0700

1)Would you please look at one example? You can see the original picture
(Evelyn's) and the slightly altered shot...rotated, window panes deleted,
colors tinted a bit differently, etc. in the second (Lisa's). I think she
just went into an image-altering program and slightly altered the pic. I
would love to know what you guys think...if I were good enuf I'd make htem
the same size, rotate one and overlay to see how they line up, but alas I
have not learned how to use Photoshop that well yet. To see the pics go to
the below thread, hen scroll down to the post from "Merlyn" that shows the
two pics.

I don't think the picture has been altered, although the design appears to be deliberately copied and a new phot taken.

If you look carefully at two pictures, one has an extra fold in the center drape. Count them. If you look at the width of the rod and the width of the wall showing beneath it, in one picture it is almost equal and in the other one the width of wall showing is almost double the thickness of the rod. The finials, though similar, are a different shape. The area beneath the near finial in one photo shows some fabric from the center drape and some exposed molding. The other photo shows neither. The far finial is almost completely hidden in one photo and not in the other. The far side drape(sorry, don't know the terms) goes straight up to the finial and the end of the center drape in one and in the other photo it it intersects the arc of the center drape about a foot down from the rod. The tie back for the sheer curtain is very different in each photo. Of course the lining colors are different.

At least that is the way it looks to me.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California