Re: Fw: [OM] Your pictures

Subject: Re: Fw: [OM] Your pictures
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 03:52:17 +0000
At 05:38 5/12/01, Chris O'Neill wrote:
Thank-you SO much, Hans, for the compliment!  When I look at the
work of folks like John Lind, I'm in awe and consider my own stuff far
inferior.

Eh???
Chris, put your glasses back on. I don't think I'm that great . . . definitely "not ready for prime time." There's quite a few who are much better than me on the list . . . pro and non-pro. Need proof? Browse through the on-line Unofficial Oly Gallery:
  http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/gallery.html

However, I *do* see the improvement in my skills in the last
year.  The improvement *must* be due to the 4 bodies and more lenses
than you can shake a stick at I've added to my kit in that time...
[snip]

This is _definitely_ the story I would use if cornered by my "other half" about how much has been spent on it. ;-)

You've got some excellent work in all your galleries . . . the photographer who made the image is often his/her own harshest critic. BTW, I went back through mine recently and noted, like you, it is improving with shooting more film, gaining experience, and thinking more about what I'm trying to accomplish with each "serious" image before making it. Doing each TOPE has also been a benefit. At least half have been a "stretch" into making images I wouldn't normally do because of the "theme" requirement. If asked by my "other half" though, my immediate reply is being enabled completely by having all the camera gear.

-- John