RE: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]

Subject: RE: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 09:29:17 -0500
The 50/1.2, being only a bit less than 1/2 stop faster than the 50/1.4, is
probably not a must have if you can more easily get a very late variation of
the 50/1.4.

However, there is something aesthetically pleasing about that big fat chunk
of glass hanging off the front of of your favorite camera body with limpid
pools of green and magenta reflections to stare into.... But if you like
yellow, the 55/1.2 would be ones choice of course.

On further reflection (heh,heh) on the 55/1.2, I wonder if that intense
yellow reflection bouncing off the front element of that lens is intended
(courtesy  of it's single coating) as an attempt to dump a bit of yellow
light to compensate for the slight yellowish cast of it's rare earth
element?

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx