[OM] Re: OM SP Problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM SP Problem
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:19:47 EDT
I have an SP manual.  Page 15 says: "If the needle (meter) further runs into
the extreme zone under EV 5.5, where ir is too dark for automatic exposure,
the release button is automaticlly locked.  Then you have to turn to manual
exposure or flash exposure"

It would appear that you have dead or dying batteries.  I have two SPs and
they will fire in manual mode with no battery.  Check to see if the meter
needle is moving in response to light.  If it is and you set the camera(s) to
manual mode and they will not fire, you have a problem.  No meter needle,
battery is dead.  Be sure to use a 1.35v battery or an adapter.

If you have other questions let me know.  The SP is a great camera.

Dave Dougherty