[OM] Re: First Efforts with 50/3.5 Macro

Subject: [OM] Re: First Efforts with 50/3.5 Macro
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:10:49 EDT
I just got back some prints of shots I did in Balboa Park.  These were shot
on Gold 200, OM-2, Auto Mode.

I am still learning about the depth of field ( or lack of it) in Macro shots.
 Practice will help alot.  I also find that when I use the depth of field
preview the image becomes so dim that I can't really see it.

So, a few questions to the group:

1.  The OM-2 has the older speckling on the metering area, so it averages the
whole image.  Am I correct on this?  White flowers are over exposed, while
darker ones are right on.

2.  Would I benefit materially by getting a 2-13 screen to replace the 1-13
that is in the camera now?  Or, should I carry a small mag lite to illuminate
the image while I check depth of field?

3.  I have another OM-2 with the other meter pattern.  Will it work better
for Macro as it averages the central part of the image?  Or should I simply
do what I should do and bracket?
I try to use available light as I don't have a macro flash set up yet.  My
Zuikoholism will change that I know, sigh.

Here's the URLs for a couple of the shots.  Any input would be appreciated.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1032782&a=12879332&p=48410319
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1032782&a=12879332&p=48410323

Thanks,
Dave Dougherty