Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]
From: "Oben Candemir" <dunya@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:55:39 +1000
I recently saw an old 50mm f1.0 Canon lens on a rangefinder in a camera shop
in Melbourne and it sure enough had this amazing golden yellow reflex. Talk
about a mass of glass on your camera. It would be interesting to know
whether that was also a rare earth glass.

I agree that it would be interesting to know whether the cast in these
lenses has come after time or whether they came from the factory like that,
and like someone suggested that the coating reflecting yellow might be a
compensatory measure to eliminate some of the yellow.