RE: [OM] Re: First Efforts with 50/3.5 Macro

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: First Efforts with 50/3.5 Macro
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:39:41 -0700
Dave,

Just got some macro shots back, myself. Taken with the 80/4 and a 135/2.8 on
the telescoping extension tube, however, not the 50/3.5. I'm having similar
problems with depth of field. I suspect that's an issue of practice, more
than anything. I'm about to try a different screen than the standard 1-13
that I was too lazy to change out for this first effort. Maybe the 1-4 or
1-10, as I don't have a 2-anything to try.

Also, my shots were taken with the OM-4T in automatic, and in some cases
with the T-10 Ring flash in use. I also notice some wash-out on lighter
portions. Hopefully I'll find out in scanning the negs later whether that's
the printer at Costco or me/camera/flash. I'll try and get them up on my
site in the next few days.

I took a look at your pics and they look pretty good to me as far as focus
goes. It looks as if you probably could have benefited from a fill flash of
some sort on the red one.

I am curious about one thing though. There's not much contrast in either
image. Scanner? Development? I doubt it's a lens issue is why I'm
wondering...

---
Scott Gomez