Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***

Subject: Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:45:48 +1000
>There's an excellent website that has every imaginable bit of info about
>those cameras. I believe it's Graflex.org. I used to have a 2x3 Century
>Graphic. I used it with a 6x7 back. I read that there was a source of
>that size cut film, but it's much easier to use a rollfilm back. By the
>way, an RB 67(Mamiya) fits and keeps the film flatter than the Singer
>made roll film back. Of course, that's if you have a  camera with the
>spring back that will accept a roll film back. I found the camera
>intersting to use, but slow, and there are lot of steps to follow. Good
>luck, John.

Apparently, the trick with the older, cheaper backs is to look for the
Graphlex 23 lever wind back. This had some refinements over the knob wind
to keep the film flatter, is easier to use and is cheaper than the RB back
if you can find it. Try www.bigcamera.com - some information there about
using them on Mamiya Press cameras which had a Graphlex adaptor available.
AndrewF