RE: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***

Subject: RE: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 04:23:07 -0500
>Apparently, the trick with the older, cheaper backs is to look for the
>Graphlex 23 lever wind back. This had some refinements over the knob wind
>to keep the film flatter, is easier to use and is cheaper than the RB back
>if you can find it. Try www.bigcamera.com - some information there about
>using them on Mamiya Press cameras which had a Graphlex adaptor available.
>AndrewF

About a year ago I tried to purchase a roll film back for my 4x5 Crown
Graphic without doing any research on it first.  I ended up with the RH-10
roll film back you're looking for -- for the baby Graphic.  Useless to me.
As luck would have it, I *just* sold it on eBay for $63.00, which appears to
be typical for this item.

Things I learned about it from bidders (again, I did NO research!) were to
a) look for the lever wind rather than the knob (as Andrew states above) and
b) look for one that has tiny rollers on either side of the pressure plate
to hold the film flatter (one of the refinements AF mentions above).

HTH --

Dave