[OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4Ti
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:38:06 -0000
Hi,

Perhaps the manual changed to include multi language support for
the Ti model? "i" indicating international?

Well, it has already been mentioned that basically the 4T and the 4Ti are the same cameras (although there are some "CE" (Central European) versions that seem to lack a pot meter (IIRC)), but I was actually wondering about the other part of your question. Often it is assumed that the "i" in Ti stands for international, but somehow that does not make a whole lot of sense to me, as Olympus is a Japanese brand, and therefore the United States should also fall in their "international market".

Rather, I was thinking the Ti simply comes from the chemical symbol for titanium, which is Ti. More so, nowadays, all 3Tis and 4Tis that are sold in the USA are labeled with Ti and not with T, so this may attests to my assumption...

Does anyone know for sure?

Cheers!
Olafo