Re: [OM] TOPE: some updates

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: some updates
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 12:23:15 +0000
At 16:24 5/14/01, Ian A. Nichols wrote:

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Olaf Greve wrote:

> 4-Three people have asked me if they could still send in pictures for the
> closed TOPE events such as TOPE 2 and 3, I'm a bit in doubt here. The
> pictures are great, but these galleries are supposed to be closed... Not
> sure what to do yet..

I'd have no qualms about letting them in if they were not subscribed
during the submission period and have only recently discovered the list
& TOPE.

And . . .
That they're willing to swear or affirm it was done during the applicable time window (wishing to be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels if it's not true [one hump or two; doesn't matter]).

More seriously:
I don't mind latecomers (especially newbies to the list) but the image should have been made during the time window and not pulled from an archive without regard to date. In addition to the theme, part of the challenge in making a TOPE image is the 4-6 week time window. [TOPE 1 is permenantly open.]

Don't forget there is a superb Unofficial Olympus Gallery which is open to just about anything made at any time.

-- John