Re: [OM] Remote Release?

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Release?
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:03:01 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelton Rhoads" <krho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 11:36 PM
Subject: [OM] Remote Release?

HI Kelton,
                Don't know if this helps at all but I often control my OM's
by using a cable attached to my winder 2. I have about 30yds / m of thin
loudspeaker cable on a small wooden drum. One end terminates in a small
jackplug, the other end of the cable is attached to a small push to make
switch which is inletted into the centre of the drum. I have found this
setup to be totally reliable in use. Ideal for group shots when I want to be
in the picture etc.
  Total cost to make about £3 / $5.
                                           Regards, John Duggan, Wales,U.K.