[OM] To Catch A Real Dolphin?

Subject: [OM] To Catch A Real Dolphin?
From: "dolphans1" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:28:02 -0500

Hey guys,

A little of topic discussion, but I did take a photo with a disposable
camera, of something strange that happened to me in the Florida Keys over
the weeked.

You won't believe what happened to me in the Keys, I was fishing (trolling)
and hooked on to a big fish and was fighting it for about 15 minutes. A
school of porpoises got real close to our boat and I asked my buddy, "Hey
you don't think there going after my fish, do you?"  "He said, no, dolphins
are real smart!" Well the kept getting closer and I started getting a little
worried, and then started feeling my fish, get excited on the end of the
line.(For any fishermen, you know what I mean by this.)

The dolphin then took my fish and I was hooked onto a real life dolphin
(porpoise), what a collectible huh? I fought the mammal for over an hour as
we chased it with our boat. We were trying to get as much line back, or
possibly get the hook out. We got the mammal about 10 feet of the boat, and
cut the line. Weighed in my estimation 300-500lbs?

In all my years of fishing, I have never heard of such a thing. I have seen
birds snagged, along with turtles and lobsters, in my life,  but never a
true life, porpoise. (This porpoise was hooked as he ate my fish)

Anyone else have a fishing tale?

Sam.....