[OM] Padre, I have doubts...

Subject: [OM] Padre, I have doubts...
From: "Marcus b6" <marcusb6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:37:46 -0700

Hello Zuikies. I was paging through "The History of Photography" and then later, "The Keepers of Light". Both books have photographs made with lenses and equipment that were "technically" deplorable by the standards in place even before our venerable OM series was introduced. Uncoated, simple slow lenses, snail's pace film emulsions, and extremely cumbersome equipment did not deter these photographers from creating some of the most beautiful work that still holds up today. We get so caught up in lens quality and acquisition that it gets easy to forget that one lens, a 36 exposure roll of film, and a lot of care is all we really need. I've been trying to figure out how I could afford another peice of equipment, and these books kind of floored me
with my expensive folly. Very humbling, indeed.
Of course now I think about getting some ancient lenses to get some of that soft flarey
old-timey "look"... oh well, must procure , must procure... -Marcus