Re: [OM] Chrome Six page

Subject: Re: [OM] Chrome Six page
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:03:24 +0800
I'm not just want to fill the gap in my Olympus collection, I knew most of
the Olympus items long time ago. In the pass I just put some excuse for not
buying them, such as the classic compacts, I told myself I only need the XA
that I already have. Later I heard the 35RC which was said to have a very
high resolution lens then the 35RD which has faster lens and wider shutter
speed range. The 35sp which is very heavy but I don't know why so many
people like it, now I have a near mint and perfect working one. At the mean
time I also found the Trip 35, EC, EC2, ECR... they all look very solid and
beautiful, most important they are very cheap but all together that still
cost a lot of money and space.

For the Pen, ten years ago I try to resist the temptation by telling myself
the frame size is too small to give me good quality picture. But when I
finished the OM and compacts, a nice book shown me lots of very nice
finished Pen compacts and the impressive Pen FT system ... the first SLR
half frame camera system... Some pictures from the Pens are looking quite
nice too and then I told myself the Pen can give me twice number of shoots
per roll... that seems a good idea to try one... of course finally not only
one.

I'm sure I don't need the compact in 80s-90s, they are all made with
plastic, no manual control... Just no..no.. don't tell me how convenient
they are!

Okay, I think every list member must try at least all the cameras that I
have mentioned above, they are really beautiful, I have a mint black EC and
a like new Chrome EC2, even they are not working (I will find some time to
repair them, just lots of gears are waiting), it is just a pleasure to hold
them on your hand, try one you will know!

C.H.Ling