[OM] TOPE: some updates

Subject: [OM] TOPE: some updates
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:56:41 -0000
Hi,

Although I'm all for getting as many entries as possible, it seems to
me that since we have a time structure and posted deadlines that we
should adhere to that to some degree.

It seems the list members' concensus (that is: the consensus of the members who have spoken up :) ) is clear and in accordance with my feelings towards this little issue I was stuck with.

I know my entries haven't necessarily been the most outstanding photographs I've ever taken, but they were the ones I took during the open period. If we threw deadlines out entirely, I would certainly take back a couple of my entries and submit photographs that were far more impressive. My creativity and technique don't always coincide with the TOPE schedule.

This very much also applies to me. Most noticeably so for TOPE 5 I would have loved to be able to submit a better portrait. Indeed I too feel it is fairer to the other submitters if the TOPE 2-4 galleries remain closed. The good news though, is that TOPE 5 is still open (1 more day, with the exception of Bill Barber who has explicitely requested to be allowed to send in a late entry that was shot within the shooting interval, but of which the original has yet to be returned to him). Furthermore, TOPE 1 remains open indefinitely and TOPE 6 is around the corner...

Maybe these folks should submit their photographs to the unofficial
Olympus gallery, which is an open ended entity, and imposes no time
constraints on entries. Then they'd be appropriately displayed.

Again, a very good comment! Indeed, that is the best solution I think...

So, sorry to have to dissappoint the late-comers and sorry for Adam's 100 push ups, although it could be a good exercise to take a self portrait of you doing the hundredth push-up and send it in for TOPE 1 ;) Do make sure it's a _self_ portrait though, or you'd have to do another 100 push-ups ;)))

Finally: Adam: the links you posted all link to very nice pictures, so for what it's worth, they would have looked great in the bokeh gallery, as would that excellent city shot of Roger Wesson have done. I hope you guys will send these in to the Unofficial Oly Gallery...

Cheers!
Olafo